Featured Post

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Name of The Doctor

On the next episode of Doctor Who, it has been strongly suggested that the Doctor and Clara will go to the Fields of Trenzalore, where Dorium Maldorvar has said the Doctor's name will be revealed. Now, if you don't know what any of that means then please feel free to stop reading now, as the rest of this post will be just as confusing.

Now, just Whovians left? You, you there... I think you outta move along now, you just spelled T.A.R.D.I.S. with all small letters.. Now, for this of you who are left, grab a Jammy Dodger and a cuppa and relax..

I don't know if I wanna know the Doctor's name! 

I have been watching Doctor Who for. Very long time...


Not THAT long, how old do you think I am???


That's better... Tom Baker, he was the 4th Doctor in the series, and my first Doctor thanks to our local PBS station. And we didn't know his name.. And that was okay. 

The closest I think we have gotten to his name is from his baby cot, where it was written in Gallifreyian.


And while I haven't been searching for it, I also haven't stumbled across any attempts to translate this. I'm sure it's out there somewhere, but I'm not sure i want to know. 

What if its disappointing? What if I hate it, or it doesn't fit him? I don't want to look at him and think Ralph.. Of course, Time Lord names are not anything like ours, Rassilon, Ushas, and Morbius to name a few. But it seems to me it doesn't matter what his name is, it won't feel right. He is and should remain only, The Doctor... Or Mr. River Song, but only among special company *wink*

I predict no name could be given to this man that will make the fans happy, and I don't look forward to the Internet after it is revealed. (Hopefully those who were affected by the BBC shop shipping error keep their mouths closed until next Saturday) There will be those who love it, armed to the teeth in a fight to the death with those who hated it.

I have my fingers crossed, that the revealing of Clara's secret will cushion the blow of my inevitable disappointment... In learning, the Doctor's name...



No comments: