Tuesday, January 01, 2013

5 Things to Catch You Up

Since we last spoke many things have happened! So here is a quick 5 bullet point list to catch you up!

  1. I turned 41 on November 21st! So far so good for my 41st year of life. It wasn't nearly as difficult of a number to accept as 40 was! 
  2. Also on November 21st, I had surgery! A hysterectomy to be exact. After spending a year in intermittent pain, and a month solid in pain, the decision was made to take those bits out that were causing me trouble. The surgery was 100% a success, and here about 8 weeks later, I am pain FREE! 
  3. Jack-Jack started back to Speech Therapy! This is a major thing. Since he was two, I have been the one to hunt down all the resources (testing, therapy and such) that he needed. It's SO NICE to have a the school helping out this time. They arraigned all the testing, and set up the new speech therapist and everything. 
  4. Our holidays were good, well, I slept through Thanksgiving, but Christmas and New Years were great. Kids all happy. I got a lovely Evil School of Evil shirt, a gift card to Kohl's, and a new Alice in Wonderland tea set :) 
  5. Wow, I said 5 didn't I? I can't think of a 5th one... How about this? Things are going pretty well. My Podcast, Savvy Homeschool Moms, is rocking out, after a month off for recovery purposes. Gist Academy is trucking right along, with all the usual numbers of tantrums and joyous moments. Dean and I celebrated our wedding anniversary this past weekend. 
I guess that's about it. Hopefully I can find some more time to work on this blog, I feel bad not writing on it more. Not because I am worried about my hoards of rabid fans (heh, hoards), but because it was the best way I could record what's going on in our lives, for us to look back at later. I already get nostalgic when I read back to my first posts. Imagine how it would be 10 years from now? 


Wendy L. Callahan said...

I'm so glad you are recovered and feeling better!

It sounds like many things worked out for you this year, and I am happy for you. :)

Mel said...

Glad you are back. Belated Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary.